Test Engineer ( Dulles, VA ) TS8608385
6 Month contract
Pay Rate: Open
** Active Top Secret Clearance Required
**Might be a challenging fill. Looking for cand. interested/exp w/ Space and Spacecraft. Exp. developing/designing automated test scripts. Knowledge of Python/Perl a plus. Strong computer skills with an understanding of spacecraft. Design exp/knowledge helpful. Will consider fresh-outs, but looking for 3-5 yrs of exp ideally. Will work on team of 4-5 (dept has 25 eng total.) Position open due to a surge in work load.**
Seeking a Senior Test engineer to design, develop, and execute test procedures and automated test scripts for spacecraft test. Ideal candidate has system level test experience working with spacecraft flight hardware and good computer skills.
Daily responsibilities will require direct contact with satellite and space flight hardware. Candidate will be responsible for performing system integration and test activities working in small groups or independently. Candidate must be able to tackle issues utilizing skills obtained in the field of Electrical engineering, or a related discipline, preferably as it relates to system level integration and test. The ability to use a scripting language and formulate automated test scripts is highly desirable. Shift and weekend work to support testing will be required periodically.
Specific Duties include:
- Work independently and in teams to develop and maintain test software scripts and procedures based on process improvements, product line changes and new requirements.
- Perform system level testing of spacecraft sub systems (Electrical Power subsystems, Command and Data Handling, Thermal Control Systems, propulsion and Attitude Control Systems) using a satellite ground station software, automated scripts and EGSE
- Learn and develop proficiency on ground command and telemetry support systems
- Design and develop ground support hardware and software as needed.
- Evaluate and implement Lean and 6 Sigma solutions to decrease cycle times
-Writing and testing MAESTRO, STOL or Test language scripts