Chloeta is a dynamic and growing business that solves problems internationally for our clients.
Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1)
Chloeta is recruiting to fill two (2) NWCG-qualified Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1) for fire fuels reduction at multiple locations near Colorado Springs, CO. Chloeta exhibits Native American preference in hiring and is a drug free workplace.
Duty Station: Colorado Springs, CO
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- NWCG Qualification as Firefighter, Type 1 (FFT1)
- Background check and drug test required
- Three (3) years or more related employment experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- NWCG Qualification as Faller, Type 3 (FAL3)
- Represent Chloeta professionally at times
- Serve as squad leader on fuels crew
- Ensure readiness for assignment
- Ensure availability, qualifications, and capabilities of resources to complete assignment.
- Gather, update, and apply situational information relevant to the assignment.
- Establish effective relationships with relevant personnel.
- Ensure ability to use tools necessary to complete assignment.
- Understand and comply with ICS concepts and principles.
- Model leadership values and principles.
- Ensure the safety, welfare, and accountability of assigned personnel.
- Establish work assignments and performance expectations, monitor performance, and provide feedback.
- Emphasize teamwork.
- Ensure relevant information is exchanged during briefings and debriefings.
- Ensure documentation is complete and disposition is appropriate.
- Communicate and ensure understanding of work expectations within the chain of command and across functional areas.
- Gather, analyze, and validate information pertinent to the incident or event and make recommendations for setting priorities.
- Take appropriate action based on assessed risks.
- Modify approach based on evaluation of incident situation.
- Anticipate, recognize, and mitigate unsafe situations
- Follow established procedures and/or safety procedures relevant to given assignment.
- Plan for demobilization and ensure demobilization procedures are followed.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, education and capability
- The subject project is anticipated to last approximately (9) months. Potential employment beyond this period is possible.
- Public Trust, a background investigation is required
- Work will take place at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station and the United States Air Force Academy. Travel beyond these locations is not anticipated.
- No, there are not funds obligated for relocation expenses
- All training paid
- 401(k) retirement investment
- Travel opportunities if desired
- Career advancement opportunities
- You must be legally qualified to work in the United States & meet specialized experience to qualify.
It is the policy of Chloeta not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.