Software Architect with Embedded Systems experience is required to manage the activities related to the software development requirement in the Farmington, MI area. In this position you will be working in a team environment, with a relatively new technology, and given the opportunity to make significant contributions to the creation and implementation of the active safety product. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. Responsibilities of the Software Architect - Automotive:
Qualifications of the Software Architect - Automotive:
- Create Software Architectures for application projects
- Develop Software Requirements based on Software Architecture and needs from internal customers
- Drive the Software Requirements to the component development teams
Compensation of the Software Architect - Automotive:
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in Software Designing for safety critical systems is desired.
- 7+ years of experience in software Component Design is desired
- 2+ years of experience in Software Architecture Development is desired
- High and low level software design and development experience for Embedded Systems.
- Experience with Standard Software Process such as SPICE/CMMi
- Experience with Functional Safety (ISO 26262), Multi-core, multi-micro, and/or multi-domain systems.
- Experience with Microprocessor Architecture and UML.
- Experience with CAN, Flexray, Ethernet Communications and Microprocessor peripherals such as SPI, A/D, digital I/O, etc will be a plus.
- Experience with Software Validation (Unit Testing) and Scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Java, etc will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Model-Based Code Generation and Customer Diagnostics (UDS or other).
- Experience with airbag, brake control, engine/powertrain control, steering control, ADAS will be beneficial.
- Familiarity with RTOS’s, C Programming and Debugging on target hardware
- Experience with AUTOSAR will be a plus.
Salary Range: $100,000-125,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Detroit area, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be consideredKnowledge of the following areas will be helpful -
Architect, "Brake Systems", Requirement, component, development, design, "Embedded Systems", SPICE, CMMi, "Functional Safety", "ISO 26262", Microprocessor, UML, CAN, Flexray, "Ethernet Communications", SPI, A/D, digital I/O, "Scripting languages", Perl, Python, Java, "Software Validation", "Unit Testing", airbag, "brake control", engine, powertrain, control, "steering control", ADAS, UDS, RTOS, C. Programming, Debug, AUTOSAR