NDT Technician ( Beltsville, MD ) 8755882
6 Month Contract
Pay rate: $30/hr w2 , maybe more for the right candidate
**Key skills include Level 2 certification for dye pen and x-ray (digital). Team Notes: A level I and level II NDT tech exist. We have a level III at our Elkton, MD facility that supports us.**
Currently seeking a Non Destructive Test / Inspection Technician in our Beltsville, MD location.
Successful candidate must have 5 - 10 years of experience inspecting aerospace and / or military structural hardware and will primarily be assigned to perform liquid dye penetrant inspections, radiographic inspections, and dimensional inspections.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Operate radiographic inspection equipment (such as X-ray or laser shearography) and perform non-destructive inspections using that equipment.
• Perform liquid dye penetrant inspections.
• Interpret and report results of inspections in accordance with organizational procedures.
• Performs specific analyses of samples of raw materials, packaging components, and bulk, intermediate, or finished products according to established procedures,
• Determine conformance to accepted specifications
• May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
• Interpret, evaluate and communicate drawing requirements
• Participate in the closure of discrepant material issues
• Position could be 1st or 2nd shift
Qualifications for this position include:
• ASNT Level 1 Radiographer Certification is preferred but not required. Level 2 or Level 3 certification considered an advantage.
• ASNT Level 2 liquid dye penetrant inspection or higher required. Level 3 certification considered an advantage.
• BS degree or college coursework is preferred but not required
• Thorough knowledge in all aspects of GD&T a must.