Mechanical Technician ( Dulles, VA ) TS8569840
8 Month Contract
Pay rate $40-50/hr W2
Seeking TS/SCI Cleared candidates with 3-5 yrs+ exp in payload/spacecraft intergration.
- Hands-on detailed work required, including extremely fragile space product installations, modifications, and general handling.
- Ability to demonstrate detailed technical knowledge in manufacturing including interpreting complex engineering drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
- 100% adherence to established ISO processes, diligence to detail, and efficient execution with quality results for cost effectiveness *absolutely required*.
- Ability to learn quickly. Bonding, taping, torquing, etc. with delicate honeycomb composite/aluminum panels and aluminum brackets a minimum. Must have "a touch" for delicate equipment. Must have virtually zero defects in workmanship.
- Ability to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and *offer* solutions to engineering for review. -
- Ability to work with diverse team, take constructive feedback from QA support personnel.
- Experience with working inside Clean Rooms, Hazardous Material Handling, Hazardous Operations protocols, and related operational protocols required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, general computer handling, and Tool Control required. ESD, FOD, and 5S management techniques required. 3D CAD, TipQA, Windchill, and CREOView preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced machine shop principles helpful. Little to no machine shop work is done by I&T Techs, but interfacing with Machine Dept. required on occasion.