Drafter ( Independence, Missouri ) 8735662
5 Month Contract
Pay rate: $25-35/hr W2
Prepare drawings of piece, parts, and assemblies involving selection of scales, dimensioning, detailed views, sectional views from sketches, layouts or verbal instructions, etc. Set up parts, assign part numbers into part matrix. Prepare bill of material for test sample drawing.
- Associates degree in mechanical drafting or two years equivalent experience utilizing computer-aided drafting.
- Minimum of two years of previous experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency with Creo (4.0 or 5.0) and Autodesk Inventor
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Responsible for professional levels of quality and quantity of work.
**Proficient at using 2D CAD software in drawing, drafting and design tasks. Can develop complex top-down designs, and large assembly layouts. Proficient at using 3D solids/parametric software in drawing, modeling and design tasks. Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes such as tooling limitations. Review project specifications and requirements to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product. Independently uses mechanical design techniques when packaging mechanical devices with minimum assistance.