Location: Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Dayton, OH
Full Time role
The Cyber Security Specialist / Information Assurance role supports the Wright Patterson Medical Center (WPMC) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. In this role you will manage and administer windows-based servers and systems to maintain compliance with DoD's Risk Management Framework (RMF).
In addition to managing the ATO process with RMF, this role is also requires a hands-on technical focus. You will perform advanced Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) application and patching requirements for high-availability, virtualized assets including SQL server databases, Oracle databases, SharePoint, and IIS servers. In most cases you will work with a Systems Engineer to implement the corrections but you will need the hands-on technical ability to understand what needs to be done and work with the systems engineer to implement the correction.
- Ensure the safety of information systems and protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Interface with user community to understand their security needs and implement procedures to accommodate them.
- Ensure that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- Conduct accurate evaluation of the level of security required.
- Weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to management
- Bachelors degree or 10 years experience
- CISSP is a plus
- Security+ is required
- Secret Clearance is required
- Understanding of firewall theory and configuration
- Familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
- Cyber Security, Risk Management Framework, Information Assurance experience in a government setting.
- A complete understanding of system security measures to fulfill RMF requirements according to DoD 8510.01
- Knowledge of the controls procedures in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Experience with certification and accreditation, auditing, creating Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs) for systems in accordance with DoD, AF, DHA, local regulations, instructions, guidelines, and policies