Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Cross Resource Group
Posted on Nov 14
Fort Worth, TX
Type of Service:
Office and Administrative Support
Responsible for procurement of materials, components, supplies and/or services for the company in accordance with standard operating procedures, contract requirements and federal acquisition regulations.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
• Establishes source of supply, negotiates price, delivery date, and other necessary commitments based upon authorized requisition that maintains consistency with the Program/Requisitioning Unit requirement and compliance with company policies and federal regulations.
• Provides guidance and information to requester that includes communication of procurement actions and assist with special or complex requirements.
• Maintains procedures to assure follow-up and administration of purchase order and subcontract files.
• Coordinates requisition requirements with requester.
• Assists in the preparation of reports with DynCorp organizations and customers to comply with various laws, company policies and standard operating procedures.
• Contacts suppliers, secures bids and places orders..
• Assists with the reviewing of documents and selection of most suitable supplier for the stated purchase.
• Negotiates price, quality and services to be provided to the company.
• Makes decisions on obtaining the best value towards price, schedule and terms for the company and the DI customer
• Provides pricing in support of Business Development efforts.
• Maintains procurement records and recommend procedural changes to improve procurement results.
• Supports the goals and objectives of the company as a part of a work group or team member.
• Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments and cancellations.
• Interacts with A/P to assist and ensure completion of purchase order/invoice processing cycle.
• May require site visits in support of establishment of new suppliers
• Performs other duties as assigned. Reporting Relationships Title of Direct Report(s): None Title of Supervisor: Senior Director, Sourcing Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with suppliers.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred.
• Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s degree in associated discipline is preferred.
• One (1) to three (3) years’ business experience with at least 6 months in a Buyer/Procurement role. Government procurement experience is desirable.
• Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
Full Associate Buyer role - 2 to 5 years experience required
Level (1-5, 5 being the highest)
1 2 3 4 5
MS Excel Proficiency Preferred
Terms of Usage
DefenseIndustryCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)