With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Financial Analyst (II) to join our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team in our Clearfield, Utah location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
As a Financial Analyst (II) for our Aerospace Structures Division you will be responsible for supporting financial reporting. This position works very closely with program management, operational leaders, internal and external customers, and other sites within Aerospace Structures Division.
You will work with the Finance team as well as other departments on the following:
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate recommendations to management
- Perform financial analysis of monthly spending trends
- Develop and populate key metrics and analysis for Ad-Hoc reporting
- Develop, maintain, and establish financial information systems
- Report budgets and track project costs to planned budgets
- Synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to create useful information and concise analysis
- Candidate must have 2-4 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Microsoft office software proficiency required, specifically Excel
- Communication of performance to management
- Operational knowledge of engineering, manufacturing, and/or business environments
- Composite and/or aerospace experience preferred
- Experience in program/cost accounting or earned value management
- Experience working on, and supporting or leading, multidisciplinary teams
- Familiarity with financial statements and/or financial reporting systems
- Familiarity with databases and/or VBA
- Experience in related work such as cost analysis or estimating in a manufacturing environment is desired
- Planning and forecasting experience
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to tell a story from financial information
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Must have strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-reliant, team player
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required (education will be verified)
Requisition may be filled at a lower level(I) with a BS Degree and no experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D